Delicious Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos Recipe
Welcome to my recipe article for the delicious Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos! If you’re a food lover, then you’re in for a treat. This recipe is perfect for those who enjoy a hearty breakfast that’s quick and easy to make. One of the great things about this recipe is versatility. It’s perfect for meal prep, brunches, or even dinner.
But why settle for boring cereal or plain toast when you can have these scrumptious soft tacos instead? With the perfect blend of pork sausage, creamy scrambled eggs, and savory spices, these tacos will leave your taste buds wanting more! And let’s not forget the finishing touches of salsa, sour cream, and green onions that complete this dish.
Not only is it great tasting, but it’s also easy on the wallet. By using some basic ingredients like flour tortillas and cream cheese blended with simple tasty toppings, you can create a delicious meal that won’t break the bank.
So join me in cooking up this mouth-watering recipe today! Trust me; you’ll be glad you did!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same boring breakfast options? Look no further! This Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos recipe will revolutionize your breakfast routine. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it’s also packed with flavor and a perfect way to start your day.
One of the reasons you’ll love this recipe is its versatility. It works just as well for a lazy Sunday brunch as it does for a busy weekday morning. Plus, with just a few simple substitutions, you can make it vegan or switch up the type of sausage to add some variety.
Another reason to love this recipe is how satisfyingly filling it is. The mixture of protein from the eggs and sausage combined with the creaminess of the cream cheese creates a deliciously rich and satiating meal that will keep you energized throughout your day.
But wait, there’s more! This recipe also includes fresh ingredients like green onions and salsa to add some zing to your palate. And let’s not forget about the ease of throwing together these tacos in less than 30 minutes. It’s the ultimate breakfast hack that will impress both yourself and any guests you may have.
So don’t settle for another mundane morning meal. Try out these Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos for an easy, filling, delicious and exciting start to your day that will keep you satisfied without breaking the bank or taking up too much time.
For the egg and sausage mixture:
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
For the soft tacos:
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- Sour cream
- You can use any brand of ground breakfast sausage or pork sausage like Jimmy Dean or Great Value.
- Be sure to soften the cream cheese ahead of time to make mixing easier.
- Feel free to use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas for a gluten-free option.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s get cooking! This recipe is quite simple, making it an ideal dish for busy mornings. Here are the steps to prepare the Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos:
To start, gather all of your ingredients together to facilitate the cooking process.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, salsa and green onions for serving
- Start by cooking the ground pork sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Break up the sausage meat with a spatula as it cooks until it becomes well-browned and crumbly.
- While the pork is cooking, whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another skillet or non-stick frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir continuously until it forms small curds. Remember not to overcook, as these eggs will keep cooking later on.
- Combine the sausage and scrambled eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Evenly distribute this mixture on top of the warm tortillas.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese , sour cream, salsa, and green onions according to taste.
Enjoy your Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos while hot!
Substitutions and Variations
Variety is the spice of life, and it can be the key to making your breakfast taco recipe way more exciting. Here are some substitutions and variations to try out:
– Veggies: Want to add more veggies? You can add sautéed bell peppers, onions, or diced potatoes to this recipe. You can even make it vegan by using vegan sausage and scrambled tofu instead.
– Tortillas: Flour tortillas are a popular choice, but you can switch things up by using corn tortillas or even a burrito-sized tortilla for a bigger breakfast experience.
– Cheese: Cheddar cheese is delicious, but you can substitute it with any other type of cheese you like. Pepper jack or mozzarella will still give your tacos that ooey-gooey texture that we all love.
– Sausage: Don’t have breakfast sausage on hand? You can still make your tacos with bacon, ham, or chorizo sausage for something different. You could even try using ground beef or turkey for a twist on this classic breakfast taco recipe.
– Toppings: Experiment with different toppings to find what you like best. Try adding some salsa, sour cream, green onions or black beans on top.
You can completely customize your breakfast taco according to your taste buds and preferences! Have fun experimenting with different combinations and flavors till you find the perfect match that satisfies your cravings.
Serving and Pairing
Once these amazing brunch egg and sausage soft tacos are finished cooking, it’s time to serve them up! I love to make a little taco bar with all the toppings so that everyone can customize their own. A classic topping for breakfast tacos is salsa, and I also love sour cream, sliced jalapenos, diced avocado, and chopped green onions to sprinkle on top. Make sure to have plenty of warm tortillas on hand so that each person can assemble their own tacos.
When it comes to pairing these tacos with a beverage, coffee is always an amazing choice. The hot java pairs perfectly with this hearty breakfast meal. If you prefer something a little lighter, try a mimosa or Bloody Mary for an extra special brunch treat.
These brunch egg and sausage soft tacos are so satisfying that they make a perfect meal all on their own. However, if you want to add a little something extra on the side, I recommend serving up some crispy potatoes or fruit salad. The potatoes will give you that savory crunch that really rounds out the meal, while the fruit salad provides a refreshing contrast to the warm spiciness of the tacos.
Overall, these brunch egg and sausage soft tacos are a perfect choice for any brunch gathering or just as an easy breakfast option at home. Have fun getting creative with your toppings and enjoy this delicious and easy-to-make recipe!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a busy barista, I understand the importance of having quick, easy and delicious meals that can be made-ahead and reheated when needed. In this section, I’ll guide you on how to store and reheat these Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos for maximum flavor.
To make ahead, you can cook the sausage, scramble the eggs, and chop the green onions a day or two before assembling the tacos. Store them in airtight containers in the fridge until you are ready to use them. This way, all you need to do is warm them up before assembling your taco.
When it comes to storing the tacos, place them in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Keep in mind that they taste best when consumed fresh, so don’t wait too long to enjoy them.
To reheat these Soft Tacos, wrap them up in foil or paper towels and place them in a preheated oven (350°F) for about 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can warm them up in a microwave or toaster oven until heated through. But be careful not to overheat as it can dry out the eggs and sausage meat.
If you happen to have leftover ingredients like cooked sausage or scrambled eggs, repurpose them into an omelet or breakfast burrito by adding some cheese or veggies. This not only helps reduce food waste but also adds variety to your breakfast menu.
In conclusion, making ahead and storing these Soft Tacos is easy and convenient with just a little bit of planning ahead. Reheating is quick and simple, allowing you to enjoy a tasty and satisfying brunch on-the-go.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making the perfect brunch egg and sausage soft tacos, it’s all about the details. Here are some tips to ensure you get the perfect result every time:
Firstly, make sure that your sausage is cooked all the way through before adding the eggs. There’s nothing worse than biting into a soft taco and finding out that your meat isn’t fully cooked. Secondly, when cooking your eggs, stir them constantly to avoid any clumping or sticking to the pan. This ensures that your eggs will come out light and fluffy, which is crucial for a good breakfast taco.
Additionally, don’t be afraid to customize this recipe to fit your taste preferences. If you prefer spicier tacos, try using chorizo sausage instead of pork sausage. Or if you’re opting for a meat-free option, substitute in potatoes or vegan meat crumbles instead.
Another key tip is to warm up your tortillas before assembling your tacos. This can be done on a skillet or in the microwave, but it helps ensure that they don’t crack or fall apart when you put everything together. And speaking of assembly, don’t overload your tacos! It’s tempting to add every ingredient under the sun, but this can lead to a messy and difficult-to-eat taco.
Finally, make sure to top off your breakfast taco with plenty of salsa, sour cream, and green onions for an extra kick of flavor. Trust me; these toppings will take your tacos to the next level.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to creating some delicious brunch egg and sausage soft tacos that are sure to impress even the pickiest eaters at your table.
In conclusion, this brunch egg and sausage soft tacos recipe is the perfect breakfast solution for those who want to treat themselves with a tasty meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily customize it to fit your taste and dietary preferences by substituting ingredients or adding toppings of your choice.
With this recipe, breakfast will never be boring again. Imagine waking up on a lazy Sunday morning and being greeted with the savory smell of scrambled eggs and sausage meat. Your taste buds will thank you for indulging in the delicious flavors of this meal.
Don’t forget to try out some of the variations mentioned above or create your own twist on this classic recipe. With a little bit of creativity, you can turn this brunch egg and sausage soft tacos recipe into a Tex-Mex masterpiece that will leave your family and friends begging for more.
So why wait? Try out this easy breakfast recipe today and discover the satisfaction of a hearty and flavorful meal that is both quick and easy to prepare. Trust me; you won’t regret it!
Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos Recipe
- 10 large eggs
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped, or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or use 1/4 cup 18% table cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more or less)
- 1 lb pork sausage (casings removed, can use more or less)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sour cream (any amount desired)
- prepared salsa (any amount desired)
- Cook the sausage meat with green onions in a skillet until browned; drain fat and transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- In a bowl mix/whisk together the eggs with jalapeno pepper, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat; add in the egg mixture; cook without stirring until the eggs begin to set on the bottom.
- When the eggs start to set sprinkle the cream cheese cubes over the egg mixture.
- Place a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to lift the eggs so that the uncooked will flow underneath; cook until eggs are set but not overcooked.
- Divide and sprinkle about HALF of the shredded cheddar cheese onto each tortilla.
- Divide and top with the egg mixture, then cooked sausage meat.
- Then sprinkle with the remaining half of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Fold tortillas over the filling.
- If desired you can place the tortillas on a baking sheet, cover loosley with foil, then warm slightly in oven.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Your own notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Tony is an experienced chef, crafting delicious comfort food. He’s also an influential blogger, providing helpful recipes and tips on his website, taosburgersandbeer.com. As an expert in his field, he offers valuable advice to readers. His knowledge and creative recipes make it easy to cook exciting, flavorful dishes.