Are you searching for a delicious and easy recipe that can be prepared in no time? Look no further than this “In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger” recipe. Not only is it incredibly tasty, but it also utilizes a meat grinder to create the ultimate juicy burgers.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves homemade food and wants to try something new. It’s also an excellent option for those who are looking for a healthier substitution for traditional beef burgers. The use of turkey thighs instead of ground beef makes for a leaner and lighter meal.
But don’t let the thought of using a meat grinder scare you off – it’s easy to use and will make all the difference in creating the perfect texture for your turkey burgers. Not only that, but using a meat grinder allows you to control what goes into your burger mix, making it an overall healthier choice.
So, whether you’re in the mood for a satisfying meal or just want to try your hand at homemade Swedish meatballs, this recipe has got you covered. Get ready to impress your family and friends with these mouth-watering turkey thigh burgers.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Do you want to enjoy a mouthwatering turkey burger that is easy to prepare and packed with flavor? Look no further than this In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger recipe that utilizes a meat grinder.
This recipe is perfect for those who want to switch things up from traditional beef burgers or those who may be looking for lighter, healthier options. The turkey thighs used in this recipe provide a rich and succulent flavor that makes each bite unforgettable.
But wait, you might ask yourself why utilize a meat grinder when you can easily buy ground turkey at your local grocery store? Well, using a meat grinder gives you control over the texture and moisture content of your ground meat. Plus, it is more cost-effective and you know exactly what ingredients are being used in your dish.
Additionally, this recipe offers versatility in terms of variations and substitutions. You can change up the type of poultry used by adding chicken or even some gizzards for a bolder taste. Feel free to incorporate homemade Swedish meatballs seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, or other condiments to enhance the flavor even more.
With easy-to-follow instructions on how to grind the turkey thigh and process the meat, this recipe won’t intimidate even novice cooks. By following the cooking tips shared below, you’ll end up with delicious, juicy burgers that are perfect for any dinner or lunch.
So what are you waiting for? Give this In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger recipe a try and discover why it should be your next go-to burger recipe.
Now that we know why we’ll love this recipe, let’s dive into the ingredient list. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound Turkey Thigh, boneless and skinless, cut into 1- to 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Burger Buns for serving
Note: To grind the meat, you will need either a food processor or a meat grinder. If using a food processor, make sure it is completely empty before adding the turkey meat.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and seasonings as well! You can add herbs such as thyme or rosemary, or spices like paprika or cumin to give your burgers an extra kick.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s dive into the steps for creating a flavorful and juicy In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger.
Step 1: Prepare the Turkey Meat
– Firstly, grab your meat grinder and attach the coarse grinding plate.
– Then, take your turkey thigh meat and trim off any excess fat or sinew. Cut it into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
– Place one-third of the turkey in the empty food processor and pulse 18 to 22 times, stopping to redistribute the meat as necessary. Repeat with the remaining turkey until it is all coarsely chopped.
Step 2: Combine All Ingredients
– In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, and other ingredients according to the recipe. Mix well using your hands.
Step 3: Form Patties
– Divide the mixture into portions that are about 3-4 ounces each.
– Gently shape each portion into a patty that is about 3/4 inch thick. Ensure that they are not too thick, which makes them difficult to cook through.
Step 4: Cook the Burgers
– Heat up your grill or pan on medium-high heat.
– Brush both sides of your patties with oil to prevent sticking.
– Cook each side of your patties for about 4-5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
That’s it! You now have delicious homemade turkey burgers that will satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
Substitutions and Variations
Variety is the spice of life, as the old saying goes, and that applies to recipes as well. Don’t be afraid to get creative when making these In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burgers. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Meat: While this recipe calls for turkey thigh, you can certainly use other types of meat like chicken or beef. You could also mix different kinds of meat to create your own unique blend.
– Spice: For an extra kick of flavor, add some chili powder or cumin to the meat before grinding.
– Cheese: Top your burger with your favorite cheese, like cheddar, Swiss or pepper jack.
– Toppings: Swap out traditional toppings like lettuce and tomato for something more adventurous like sliced avocado, sautéed onions or jalapeño peppers.
– Breadcrumb substitution: If you happen to run out of breadcrumbs but still want to add some bulk and texture to your burger patties, consider using crushed crackers, corn chips, or even oats.
– Sauce: Experiment with different sauces like BBQ sauce or buffalo wing sauce for an added burst of flavor.
These options will give you plenty of room to experiment with fun and flavorful variations of the classic turkey burger. Just remember, there is no wrong way to enjoy a juicy burger!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing your In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger, there are endless possibilities to explore. If you’re looking for a classic burger experience, consider topping your patty with some crisp lettuce, juicy vine-ripened tomatoes, and sliced red onions. For an added kick of flavor, drizzle some Worcestershire sauce over the top of your burger before adding any additional toppings.
If you’re craving something a bit more adventurous, try topping your turkey burger with some homemade guacamole or salsa fresca. The sweetness of the turkey meat pairs perfectly with the tangy flavors of fresh lime and cilantro in this classic Mexican topping.
If you’re looking for something truly indulgent, consider topping your turkey thigh burger with bacon, cheese, and sautéed mushrooms. For a healthier option, skip the cheese and bacon altogether and instead top your patty with creamy avocado slices and grilled zucchini.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair your In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger, one thing is for sure – these juicy burgers are sure to be a hit at any mealtime gathering. So fire up that grill or preheat that oven and get ready to enjoy one of the most delicious turkey burgers you’ve ever tasted!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making the In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger is a quick and easy process that can be done on the spot or prepared in advance for later. The good news is that these burgers are freezer-friendly, so you can make a batch of them for future meals.
Once you prepare the burgers, wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. If you want to keep them for longer, keep them in the freezer for up to two months.
If you’re planning on reheating your turkey burgers, here’s how you can do it:
1. Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the frozen burger patty on a baking sheet and bake it for 20-25 minutes.
2. Grill/Barbeque: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook from frozen for around 7-8 minutes per side, flipping only once.
3. Microwave: The quickest way to reheat your burger is to use a microwave. First, thaw your frozen burger by leaving it in the fridge overnight. Then, place it on a microwave-safe plate and heat it on high for one minute.
One important thing to keep in mind when reheating your turkey burger is not to overcook it. This will cause the meat to dry out and lose its juiciness. Instead, cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you know how to make In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burgers, it’s time to discuss some tips and tricks to ensure perfect results every time.
1. Use freshly ground turkey thigh:
Using freshly ground turkey thigh will not only improve the flavor and texture of the burger but also ensure food safety. When grinding the meat, make sure your hands are clean, and the equipment used is sanitized.
2. Don’t over-process the meat:
One common mistake when preparing burgers is over-processing the meat. When using a food processor or meat grinder, pulse the meat until it is coarsely chopped, and then stop. Overprocessing can result in dry, tough burgers.
3. Add moisture:
Turkey thighs tend to be lower in fat content than other cuts of meat, resulting in dry burgers. To combat this, add a tablespoon or two of Worcestershire sauce to the meat before forming it into patties.
4. Keep your hands cold:
Before handling the turkey meat, rinse your hands with cold water and keep them slightly wet. This helps prevent sticking when forming patties and keeps them intact during cooking.
5. Cook thoroughly:
To prevent foodborne illness, turkey burgers must reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Use a digital thermometer to check the temperature at the thickest part of the burger.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create juicy burgers that are full of flavor each time you prepare them. Enjoy your In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burgers with your favorite toppings!
Before we conclude our article, let’s dive into some frequently asked questions about this In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger recipe. From how to substitute ingredients to potential difficulties in the cooking process, you’ll find expert guidance in our FAQ section. Read on to troubleshoot any issues you might face and learn more about making these delicious burgers at home.
How to make ground turkey with meat grinder?
Let’s start by using a food processor to chop one-third of the turkey into small pieces, around 1/8 inch in size. We want to pulse it for 18 to 22 times, making sure to redistribute the turkey in the bowl as needed to avoid uneven grinding. Once we’re done with the first batch, we’ll transfer it to a large bowl and repeat the process twice more until all the turkey is minced evenly.
Can you put turkey in a meat grinder?
When it comes to grinding meat for a recipe, my suggestion is to opt for boned and skinned chicken thighs, drumsticks and gizzards, as well as boneless turkey breasts and wings. These cuts offer a great level of flavor and juiciness. For the best results, make sure to place a dish or plate beneath the grinder’s spout to catch the ground meat. This way, the finished product will be both flavorful and easy to manage.
How do you make turkey burgers that don’t fall apart?
Here’s a quick tip to make sure your turkey burgers don’t fall apart on the grill: mix in some dry breadcrumbs to the turkey before shaping the patties. By combining the breadcrumbs with the egg in the mixture, they’ll work together like a powerful glue to bind the meat and absorb any excess moisture. This way, your burgers will hold firm and maintain their shape while cooking.
In conclusion, the In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger recipe is a must-try for any food enthusiast or occasion. By utilizing a meat grinder and food processor, you can effortlessly grind turkey thigh to create mouth-watering burgers that are packed with flavor and juiciness. Don’t be intimidated – this recipe is easy to follow, and the inclusion of Worcestershire sauce and coarsely chopped ingredients will take your burger game to the next level.
The recipe allows for substitutions and variations, making it adaptable to individual preferences and dietary requirements. You can also make ahead, store, and reheat these burgers for added convenience.
By taking advantage of the tools you have in your kitchen, such as a stand mixer or Kitchenaid, you can elevate this recipe even further by crafting homemade Swedish meatballs or grinding other meats. The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe!
In short, the In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger recipe is a delicious option that should not be overlooked when planning your next meal or gathering. So, head to your local market, grab some turkey thighs and get grinding – juicy burgers await!
In a Pinch Turkey Thigh Burger -(Utilizes Meat Grinder) Recipe
- 2 turkey thighs, bone-in (approx 2.75 lb)
- 8 saltine crackers
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- Clean and debone turkey thighs, removing skin and connective tissues, and cut meat into 1/2" wide strips. Discard skin, bones, connective tissues, other nastiness, etc.(I Repeat: This recipe is for those that have their own meat grinder, or are friendly enough with their local butcher to prepare the turkey thighs for them).
- Grind the meat into a medium-size bowl according to your meat grinder manufacturer instructions, finishing by grinding the eight saltines into the mix. (yes, with the meat grinder).
- Preheat your skillet or pan of choice on medium heat, you may want to spray some Pam or equivalent (I like Olive Oil) in the pan to ease with cleanup.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Steak Seasoning, and onion soup mix to the bowl and knead all to combine.
- Form your patties as you would regular beef hamburger patties, but make them about 1/2" thick so that they cook evenly, and cook through.
- Fry for approx 6-8 minutes per side depending on your stove top and heat intensity.
- Serve and enjoy. (I served mine on toasted Out of This World Garlic-Onion Buns, recipe #20601. They really are.).
Your own notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Tony is an experienced chef, crafting delicious comfort food. He’s also an influential blogger, providing helpful recipes and tips on his website, taosburgersandbeer.com. As an expert in his field, he offers valuable advice to readers. His knowledge and creative recipes make it easy to cook exciting, flavorful dishes.