In this recipe, I present to you a mouth-watering and oh-so-satisfying dish: Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce. This dish is a heavenly combination of tender cheese ravioli, savory smoked sausage, and zesty rosa sauce. It’s an all-in-one meal that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
As someone who loves to cook and experiment with flavors, I’ve always been fascinated by pasta recipes. There’s something about combining different ingredients in a pot that creates culinary magic. The best part about this recipe? It’s easy to make and requires minimal effort.
If you’re looking for a meal that will impress your family or guests, look no further than this pasta recipe. Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks beautiful on the plate too. So why settle for boring pasta dishes when you can indulge in this flavorful extravaganza? Try it out and be prepared to fall in love!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a new and exciting pasta recipe? Look no further than Ravioli with Smoked Sausage, Zucchini, and Onions in Rosa Sauce! This dish is perfect for those who love the rich, creamy flavors of alfredo sauce but want to switch things up with some smoky and savory ingredients.
First off, let’s talk about the smoked sausage. The flavor and texture of this protein adds a delicious depth to the dish that can’t be matched by any regular sausage. The zucchini and onions provide a fresh and healthy element to the dish, while also adding a bit of crunch and a pop of color. And let’s not forget the Rosa sauce – this combination of tomato-based sauce and cream creates a luxurious and velvety texture that is perfect for coating your ravioli.
But what really sets this recipe apart from other pasta dishes is the use of cheese ravioli. The tender pockets of cheese provide a delicious contrast to the smoky sausage and creamy sauce. And if you’re not a fan of cheese ravioli, you can easily swap it out for your favorite type of pasta – bow tie, penne, or even homemade ravioli would all be great choices.
So why will you love this recipe? The answer is simple – it’s easy to make, affordable, and bursting with flavor. Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party with friends, this pasta recipe is sure to impress.
Before we begin, let’s make sure we have all the ingredients needed to prepare this scrumptious culinary delight. This recipe combines the perfect blend of savory and creamy flavors, all mixed with fresh vegetables and delicious sausage.
- 24 ounces cheese ravioli (2 packages)
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta
- 4 links smoked beef sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomato, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces alfredo sauce (2 jars)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Parmesan cheese and provolone cheese (for serving)
Don’t worry about going to the store quite yet. You can always use different types of pasta or sausage depending on your personal preferences. Get creative!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to start cooking! Follow these steps for a delicious ravioli dish that will leave you wanting more.
Step 1: Boil the Pasta
– 24 ounces cheese ravioli
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 4 links smoked sausage, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 yellow sweet onion, chopped
– 2 cups sliced zucchini
1. In a skillet on medium heat, cook the sliced sausage until no longer pink.
2. Add onions and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add zucchini and continue to cook until the zucchini is tender.
4. Add rosa sauce to the pan with sausage mixture.
Step 2: Make the Rosa Sauce
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 yellow sweet onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup pasta sauce
– 1 cup alfredo sauce
– Optional: 2 teaspoons of black pepper
1. In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until softened.
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Stir in pasta sauce and Alfredo sauce; heat through.
5. If desired, add black pepper for an extra kick.
Step 3: Combine All Ingredients
– Cooked sausage mixture (from Step 1)
– Rosa sauce (from Step 2)
– Cooked cheese ravioli
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Cook cheese ravioli for about 3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
3. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet with sausage mixture.
4. Pour in rosa sauce and stir everything together, making sure all components are coated evenly.
5. Finally, add cooked pasta cherry tomato and some spices of your choice.
And there you have it – a delicious ravioli dish with smoked sausage, zucchini, onions in Rosa sauce!
Substitutions and Variations
Why stick to tradition when you can experiment with different ingredients and flavors in your cooking? Here are some substitutions and variations for our Ravioli with Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce recipe that will take your taste buds on a delightful journey.
1. Cheese Ravioli: If you prefer a different kind of ravioli or need a gluten-free option for this recipe, you can substitute it with homemade ravioli, spinach pasta, or penne pasta.
2. Smoked Sausage: You don’t have to limit yourself to just beef or pork sausage. Add some extra kick to your dish by using spicy cajun sausage, andouille sausage, sweet Italian sausage or chicken sausage.
3. Zucchini and Onions: You can substitute these vegetables with other summer squash like yellow squash or add some bell peppers for color and sweetness.
4. Rosa Sauce: Alfredo sauce is a great alternative if you want a creamier texture or use vegetable broth for a lighter version of the sauce.
5. Cheeses: While parmesan and provolone cheeses are great choices, you can also try ricotta or gorgonzola cheese for unique flavors.
6. Cherry Tomatoes: If cherry tomatoes aren’t your thing or are out of season, try substituting them with diced roma tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes for an extra burst of flavor.
7. Pressure Cooker: If you’re short on time or want a one-pot meal, consider using a pressure cooker instead of sauteing everything in a skillet.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different ingredients to make the best version of this dish that suits your taste preferences.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have successfully cooked this delectable Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe, it’s time to think about how to present and serve it. This dish is perfect for both lunch and dinner, and can be served as a main course or a side dish.
When it comes to pairing this Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe, there are several options to choose from. The rich smokiness of the sausage pairs perfectly with a full-bodied red wine like a Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon. If you prefer white wine, a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio would also work well. For non-alcoholic options, try serving this pasta with sparkling water or lemonade for a refreshing drink.
To add a little bit more texture and flavor to your meal, consider serving this pasta with some garlic bread or toasted baguette slices spread with a touch of butter. A fresh garden salad tossed with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots would also make a great accompaniment to this dish.
This dish also offers great flexibility in terms of portions. You can easily increase the quantity of the recipe if you’re serving a larger group or simply have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate gathering or just want a comforting meal with your loved ones, this Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe is sure to impress everyone’s taste buds!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve created a fantastic meal, it’s important to know how to store and reheat it properly. The Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe is perfect for making ahead of time and reheating when needed.
If you plan on making this dish ahead of time, assemble everything as instructed but don’t add the sauce yet. Instead, store the cooked sausage, onions, and zucchini in one container and the cooked ravioli in another container. When you’re ready to serve, warm the items as needed and heat the rosa sauce separately. That way, everything will come together fresh when served.
When storing leftovers for later use, place everything (including the sauce) in an airtight container and keep it in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you need to keep it longer than that, you can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
To reheat the dish, simply take out the amount of portions needed from the refrigerator or freezer and place them in a skillet on medium heat with some olive oil added. Stir frequently so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. You can also reheat it in a microwave, covered with a plastic wrap.
Remember that pasta dishes tend to dry out when reheated. So, when reheating any leftovers, make sure there’s enough sauce to maintain its moist and creamy texture. Adding a bit of water to thin it out will also help restore your desired texture.
With these simple tips on preparing and reheating this tasty recipe, you can be sure that you’ll get maximum enjoyment from every bite!
Tips for Perfect Results
Let me share some tips that you can use to make sure your ravioli with smoked sausage, zucchini, and onions in rosa sauce recipe comes out perfectly every time.
First, be sure not to overcook the ravioli. This can make them mushy and unpleasant. Cook them until they are al dente, or just firm to the bite.
Secondly, when cooking the smoked sausage in the skillet, make sure it is cooked all the way through until there is no longer any pink visible. This ensures that it is safe to eat and will taste great.
Another tip would be to slice the zucchinis and onions thinly and evenly. This helps them cook evenly and produce a consistent texture in each bite.
Additionally, using high-quality cheeses such as parmesan and provolone can greatly enhance the flavor of this dish. Freshly grated cheese always tastes better than pre-shredded cheese so try grating your own cheese at home for maximum flavor.
For those who prefer a spicy kick to their pasta, substituting sweet Italian sausage with cajun or andouille sausage can add a lot of flavor. Just ensure that you have a suitable amount of sauce to balance out the extra heat from these spicy sausages.
Lastly, do not be afraid to experiment with variations of this recipe such as including summer squash or mushrooms or pairing it with different types of pasta. There are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your preferences and taste buds.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your ravioli with smoked sausage, zucchini and onions in rosa sauce will turn out perfect every single time.
In conclusion, if you’re a fan of pasta and love experimenting with new ingredients, then this Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe is definitely worth trying out. With its delicious blend of smoked sausage, zucchini and onions mixed in a creamy rosa sauce, all served on a bed of cheese ravioli, it is sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate.
Additionally, this recipe is great for both novice cooks and seasoned pros alike. It is easy enough to follow for those still learning the ropes in the kitchen while still providing enough freedom to experiment with different ingredients or cooking techniques for those who are more seasoned.
So next time you’re looking for a new pasta recipe to try out, be sure to consider this Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce recipe. Trust me – your taste buds will thank you!
Ravioli With Smoked Sausage, Zucchini and Onions in Rosa Sauce Recipe
- 24 ounces cheese ravioli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 links smoked sausage, slice (I used Johnsonville Smoked beef links)
- 1 1/2-2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced in half moons
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (I use Bertoli Four Cheese Rosa)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions in salted water. While you are waiting for your water to boil/cooking the ravioli, begin on your sauce.
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil for 2-3 minute over medium high heat until they begin to become translucent. Add sausage and zucchini and continue to saute until everything is somewhat browned. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Add your jar of sauce and stir to combine.
- When your ravioli are done, add them to the pan with your sauce and stir to coat evenly. Transfer to a greased 8x8 baking dish and top with provolone cheese. Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese on top is slightly browned and bubbling. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and serve.
Your own notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Tony is an experienced chef, crafting delicious comfort food. He’s also an influential blogger, providing helpful recipes and tips on his website, taosburgersandbeer.com. As an expert in his field, he offers valuable advice to readers. His knowledge and creative recipes make it easy to cook exciting, flavorful dishes.